2020 has been a year of great challenge for everyone.
I want to take the opportunity to reflect on some of the VRAN achievements for the year. These include;
- Providing the VRAN Mentor service to our networks, community groups, land managers and government agencies across Victoria to increase awareness of best-practice rabbit control and supporting people and organisations to collaborate on rabbit action,
- Building Aboriginal Cultural Awareness with the release of a new case study on the workshop held at Neds Corner,
- Extending our reach with a new VRAN webpage and Facebook page
- Sharing our knowledge with new factsheets and ‘how to’ videos,
- Supporting our Learning Network members through the VRAN Grants program. Our Learning Network members are engaged in continuing to share their knowledge with their local community members on rabbit programs in their communities,
- The VRAN Committee transitioning VRAN to become an Incorporated Association.
I also want to acknowledge the volunteer time that has been put into all the VRAN programs and the countless rabbit management programs across Victoria. Your tireless efforts have made our landscape significantly better and the above achievements possible.
2021 is shaping up to be a big year with the VRAN Community Grants program, hosting the 4th Leadership course, the VRAN model being presented at the Australiasian Vertebrate Pest Conference and continued imp[ementation of the Victorian Rabbit Strategy.
On behalf of the VRAN committtee and mentors we hope you have a safe and happy Christmas and we look forward to working with you in 2021.
Gerald Leach, VRAN, Chair