Reconciliation is a journey for all Australians – as individuals, families, communities, organisations and importantly as a nation. At the heart of this journey are relationships between the broader Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We all have a role to play when it comes to reconciliation, and in playing our part we collectively build relationships and communities that value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories, cultures, and futures.
This week might provide an opportunity for your community group or workplace to think about how you could work with the Traditional Owners in your area on your next rabbit management project.
- Watch this video to find out more about VRAN Cultural Awareness workshop
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Guide for Landcare and environmental volunteering groups and networks
- Understand why areas of cultural heritage sensitivity are defined and where they are located.
- Aboriginal Victoria delivers services and programs to protect Aboriginal cultural heritage and strengthen Aboriginal communities.
- Do you have a question in relation to rabbit management and working in sensitive landscapes? Contact Heidi Kleinert, VRAN Executive Officer.