The Centre for Invasive Species Solutions (CISS) and Foundation for Rabbit-Free Australia are hosting an on-line Rabbit R&D Update on Monday, March 21, 2022.
- Environmental and economic benefits of rabbit control
- How RHDV is working and implications for RHDV-K5 releases
- Raising awareness of rabbit problems and gaining support for control programs.
Guest speakers include:
- Andreas Glanznig (CEO, Centre for Invasive Species Solutions) will open the online seminar.
- David Peacock (Peacock Bio-Science) and Graeme Finlayson (Bush Heritage Australia) will speak on the environmental benefits from rabbit biocontrol.
- Talia Hardaker (ACRE Economics and formerly with AgTrans Research and Consulting) will speak on the production and economic benefits of rabbit control.
- Pat Taggart (NSW Department of Primary Industries) and Tanja Strive (CSIRO) will speak on RHDV in the field and best practice management for RHDV-K5.
- Richard Price (Portfolio Director, Research, Centre for Invasive Species Solutions) will lead a Q&A session and close the online seminar.
Anyone interested in raising awareness, seeking support or investment for rabbit control programs, planning or managing control programs at any scale, or advising landholders, will find something of value in the Update.