Landcare Australia’s Bushfire Recovery Grants 2020 will support Landcare and environmental volunteer groups and networks located in bushfire affected areas across Australia.
The program aims to support the urgent needs of the Landcare community to restore essential wildlife habitat, shelterbelts and fences, protect our waterways, manage weeds and feral animals, work with Traditional Owner groups and run local community workshops among other recovery activities.
Grants of up to $15,000 (excluding GST) are available. At least 15 projects will be awarded funding from this initial round. It is anticipated this will be the first round of funding from Landcare Australia and that there will be others as more funds are received.
- Applications close Friday, 13 March, 2020
- Successful applicants announced Friday 20 March, 2020
Apply online and read the guidelines at https://landcareaustralia.org.au/2020-bushfire-recovery-grants/
If you have any questions after reading the guidelines, please call (02) 9412 1040, or email: email@example.com
- Applicants need to be Landcare or a community environmental groups or networks undertaking works in an area affected by bushfire in 2019 or 2020
- Projects need to be directly-related to the implementation of bushfire recovery activities, such as:
- survey and impact assessment
- wildlife care (food, water, protection etc.)
- habitat restoration (incl. nest Boxes, hollows etc.)
- revegetation, shelterbelts and fences
- protecting waterways and managing erosion
- managing weeds and feral animals
- working with Traditional Owner groups
- running local community workshops and events
- other recovery activities.
- Projects to be undertaken in the next six months
- Projects can be conducted on public or private land (where permission granted)
- Multiple applications per group are unable to be considered.